This was such a cozy little piece! I was a little hesitant about playing it in the beginning for some reason, but this definitely made my night. Felt very sweet and very sad in the best way possible. Loved the writing, the music, the voice acting, and the art!
Last Meal at Cafe Mori
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
In a fantasy world where Halloween-themed monsters and witches are commonplace, the Universe is about to come to an end. A grim reaper is tasked with working at a cafe run by Death himself, serving patrons with a meal that recreates that person's most precious memory.
Inspired by various visual novels of the cafe and bartender simulator subgenre, Last Meal at Cafe Mori is a game about death, deserts, and introspection.
- Full voice acting.
- Animated sprites and backgrounds.
- Includes baking minigames: Mix meals together with a magic blender.
- Multiple endings: 3 different endings.
- Dyslexic-friendly font options.
- Katy133 (Writing, Art, Programming, Voice Acting: As the Ghost)
- Speck (Minigame and GUI Programming)
- Tavian St. James (Music, Voice Acting: As the Scientist)
- Chintsy (Voice Acting: As Robyn the Grim Reaper)
- Mike (Voice Acting: As Death)
- Coda (Voice Acting: As the Witch)
- MAHO! Cody (Voice Acting: As the Jack-o'lantern)
- Emma Breezy (Voice Acting: As the Gargoyle)
- Feinerine (Proofreading)
- Lunaterra (Proofreading)
- Kristi Jimenez (Proofreading)
- Resurrected Hobbyist (Playtesting)
- Claudia Groot (Playtesting)
Word count (Click to expand)
1st of October, 2020.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Sticker Pack Available!Mar 19, 2021
- Version 1.1 UpdateJan 04, 2021
- Interview with Katy and I Choose ParadiseDec 18, 2020
- PostmortemDec 14, 2020
- Behind the Scenes of Last Meal at Cafe MoriDec 13, 2020
- Devlog Week 5Oct 05, 2020
- Devlog - Week 4Sep 28, 2020
- Devlog Week 3Sep 21, 2020
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I featured your game in my video! This is amazingly written, super touching, highly detailed and I absolutely loved the added element of a magic blender! You all did wonderful work and should be super proud of yourselves! Thank you for an amazing game!
Thank you so much for playing Last Meal at Cafe Mori! I love seeing people's reaction to it! ^^
this affected me more than i expected it too
This was a true delight! Every character was so well-written, so well voice-acted and so... well, adorable!
The premise really is something too, somewhere dead folks come to for one final meal and chat about the life they just lived before drifting on to another one. Listening to their stories are creating a delicious dessert that matches their memory... really thought-provoking and a heck of lot deeper than one might initially expect!
Sprinkle in some really super emotional moments (made all the more so by the aforementioned awesome VAs) and you get one heck of a game! Well worth checking out if you're feeling a little thoughtful and introspective. A truly transcendental experience!
very sweet (pun intended) and introspective. i'd like to think that you are given a last meal before the end, being able to relive a precious moment.
This was such a beautiful experience, I enjoyed it a lot! Got all 3 endings and met all the characters. The story and art is just soo hauntingly beautiful. Calming, but also tragic, knowing that they're all going to disappear very soon. The VAs did such a wonderful job bringing all the characters to life, really love every single one of them <3
Thank you for this!